Monday, October 17, 2011

SMASHING PUMPKIN SOUP

What can be better in the cold autumn day than a plate of yellow Smashing Pumpkin Soup. I love the roasted flavour of this soup.

And I am always associating pumpkins with my favorite band from youth - Smashing Pumpkins. So this is dedicated to the band, the best pumpkins ever :).




Soul Food:
Smashing Pumpkins
Disarm








Ingredients

ca 1,7kg pumpkin
2 onions
4 garlic cloves
600ml chicken stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon
2 dl cream
salt
pepper
chili


Preheat the owen to 200C.
Cut big chunks from a pumpkin (leave the skin), drizzle with olive oil and roast it in the owen 50min together with unpeeled onions. After 35 min add unpeeled garlic.

Peel and deseed the pumpkin and peel the onions and garlic. Blend until smooth, add cream, lemonzest and half of the lemon juice.

Bring the chicken stock to boil and add the pumpkin mix.

Season with salt, pepper and chili.

5 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin but haven't tried making pumpkin soup before :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am glad you are back :D! I love pumpkin soups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christine
    Anne, try it. It's worth it I promise :P
    Anna, I am happy you visited :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How timely for fall and Halloween. I have not listened to Smashing Pimpkins for quite awhile..... Digging out my CD now... :)

    ReplyDelete