Wednesday, February 6, 2013

KLADDKAKA WITH PINEAPPLE / SWEDISH CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE

I love snow. For God's sake I have been growing up in snow. Lived in a part of the country where you hardly see any sun in winter. Where wintersport season lasted 7 months.
And now with the baby and baby stroller I am feeling like a Bambi on ice. It's not fun at all. Going a km to our local grocery shops feels like climbing Mount Everest. Next time I will take a flag and raise it in front of the shop. 
Yes I did it.I reached the summit.
What is better than a piece of chocolate cake after the climbing? At least I deserve it :).



 Kladdkaka is a famous swedish chocolate cake. It is so well known that nowdays almost every family have their version of this yummy sticky mudcake. It is best the day after with some whipped cream or ice cream.

 Ingredients:
 8-10 pieces

250g dark chocolate
250 g butter
50 g sugar
125 g flour
4 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
6 cl rum or water
1 1/2 dl walnuts, chopped
1 pineapple, thinly sliced

Preheat the oven to 200C. Melt chocolate together with butter and sugar. Mix flour, egg yolks, rum (or water) and walnuts. Add the chocolate mix to the flour mix and combine everything well. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold directly into the chocolate mixture. 
Bake the cake in a 22 cm round cake tin, 12-15 minutes.
 Cut pineapple in very thin slices. Arrange pineapple on plate and put piece of kladdkaka on the top.


Chocolate Cake recipe from Elle Mat&Vin Nr 6 2011. 

 Photobucket
This post is linked to the event "Little Thumbs Up" organized by Bake for Happy Kids and My little favourite DIY.

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I love Kladdkaka and your tiny little thumb up... soon your little thumb will growing bigger and bigger :D

    I'm not really a snow person but with this delicious chocolate mud cake with a little tropical (pineapple) touch, I don't mind living in the snow for 7 months :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the little thumb is deffinitely growing bigger :).

      Delete
  2. Snow for 7 months...I shivered just thinking about it lol! Great looking cake, very chocolatey and moist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. This gooey chocolate cake looks so irresistible! I loved the texture of the crust and the creamy chocolate inside. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Purabi. It is a perfect mix of chocolate crust and the creamy chocolate insade. mmmm

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed your blog thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete